In some of my smaller projects, i would prefer to maintain only 1 folder, and do a git hard reset and push the update directly from my local git.
my work around is to use blazing. since blazing 0.5, recipes is no longer supported.
blazing by default works great! but until you realize you are using spring, and passenger
ive customize blazing with spring generated bin removed from bin.
- create to $HOME/rails/shared
- upload shared/config/application.yml (for figaro)
- mkdir shared/log
- mkdir shared/public/uploads
- mkdir shared/public/system
- mkdir shared/tmp
- mkdir shared/vendor/bundle
next, in your project,
- blazing init
- edit config/blazing.rb
- copy this file to lib/tasks/
http://pastebin.com/13cTyvGg #if you use mod passenger
- blazing setup production
# this will deploy git after deploy scripts on server
- blazing update production # to update later if changed blazing config
- git push production master # remote: production, local branch: master